Wednesday 5 November 2008

Geurilla Marketing Seen this Weekend

Hi Everyone,

I was shopping in Oxford Circus this weekend and I noticed a crowd of people standing outside a small shop front where a man was yelling into a microphone at the crowd. I stopped to investigate and realized that they were giving away bags of perfume for 20 pounds each to promote the new store opening of Perfume Mania. The bags were filled with 5 or 6 full size bottles of perfume including a new fragrance called "The Devil Wears Perfume". The speaker was talking about their new store and how this would be a great holiday item to give as presents. The perfumes were packaged in bags with "The Devil Wears Prada" shoe logo and the Perfume Mania name.

I thought it was a very interesting geurilla marketing scheme. The customers never set foot in the store. There were people just waiving around 20 pound notes in exchange for their bags. I was tempted to get a bag and give them as gifts for holiday, but I decided I'd rather keep my 20 pounds and use it towards a more personal holiday gift than a random bag of perfume.

Lisa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Guerrilla marketing is an unconventional system of promotions, running on a very low budget, by relying on time, energy and imagination instead of big marketing budgets. Typically, guerrilla marketing is unexpected and unconventional, where consumers are targeted where they would not be expecting, which can make the idea that's being marketed memorable, generate buzz, and even spread virally.


-------------------------
hesslei...........

social bookmark