Saturday 1 November 2008

BBC 2 "British Style Genius"

I can't believe it's already the 3rd week on the course. I actually keep a Chinese blog, but I had to stopped updating it for a while 'cos I've been too busy! It's such a intensive course but it's good because we pick up lots of interesting things quickly. I even found myself paying so much more attention to market and cunsumer trend stories. I've been reading some Financial Times!

I've put up a couple of links on the side of the page. Trendwatching.com offers fantastic consumer trends reports that I found extremely interesting and 100% recommend.

This is this brilliant TV programme called "British Style Genuis" on BBC 2. It's a series that take a fascinating look at what makes British fashion and style so distinctive and so influential. It also sums up the modern history of British fashion. Since it's been on for a while the best way is to check out www.bbc.co.uk/britishstylegenius then you can either find out the schedules or watch them online. Actually a friends of mine recommended it to me and I've just started the episode "A Fashion Democracy - The High Steet Look", it talks about the Kate Moss and Topshop phenomenon and I found it just interesting and useful. Such a bonus for fashion students.

Nina asked me to recemmend some good libraries since I've been in London for a while, and I thought I can actually share with all of you here. British Libariry is great but you can't take books out of the building. I haven't been to the National Art Library @ V&A but I think we should check it out since I found the V&A museum (for art and design) amazing. Depending where you live your local libraries can be some use but the best ones are the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea ones. You can follow this link: http://www.rbkc.gov.uk/libraries/general/ and find the list the libraries on the right of the page. I remember the Central Library and Chelsea Library are really good, especially for fashion.

So hope you all are enjoying London and "The Marketing Game!", let's see what we come out with next Tue...

Jiji

No comments: